Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Graduation Card

I know that this card looks almost just like the one I did for a NSD challenge, but I wanted to show this one to you. This is for a young man at my church who is the pitcher on the baseball team. I saw the baseball player on Everyday Paper Dolls and this idea immediately popped into my head! However, it was more challenging to make this than I thought. Here is what I did: I cut the regular body from page 28 at 3". Then I cut the profile head from the Accessories 1 button. I always try to make my dolls look like the person that they are going to, so I cut the hair from page 66. Everything else comes from page 46 (Graduation) or 51 (baseball player). When I went to assemble my doll, I cut the left side of the face off the base doll and attached the profile face to it. I didn't worry about the ear on the right side because of the hat. The hair had to be put on the doll crooked. Then I attached the hat. (That took several tries to get the hole on the right side and the bill lined up with the hair just right.) I then used my CM pen to draw the face on. (I just followed the cuts.) I attached the cleats for shoes and the gown and then the tassel and the doll was good. I used a red CM pen on the baseball and gently made lines on the cuts in the ball. (I didn't want it to look like a hard ink line.) I then inked the ball with Creamy Bown and the diploma with Charcoal. Both from Colorbox. I used Graphically Speaking to cut the 2010 and the best part of this card is that ALL my paper was scraps! The graduation paper in the background came from Joann's. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think! If you do an "usual" grad, leave me a link, I'd love to see it!



3 comments:

  1. Hey, Great ideal (love your creativty).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda

    That card is awesome! I have two "male" graduation cards to do. Hmmmm, may need to go get that cartridge

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i think its cute rhonda and such a creative idea too,love it hun xx

    ReplyDelete