Monday, January 4, 2010

Recipes

At least once a year I try to include a page(s) in my album that include one of our favorite recipes. I take pictures of us making it and include the recipe on the page. Since both of my grandmothers have passed away, I realize now that some of the "traditional" foods that we had every Christmas while I was growing up, did not have a recipe. It is important to make sure that those recipes are written down somewhere! This is a page of us making my Nenny Johnson's Million Dollar Fudge. I don't think anyone had made it in about 10-15 years when we tried this!

I really need to learn how to take better pictures of my work. I've tried laying it on a table, propping it up, if anyone has any tips for me, I'd appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda

    I love this layout. I have wanted to do one now for a while, but just haven't found the right time or either I forget to take pictures. I agree, some of the old family recipies need to be documented. I think you did a great job.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wounderful ideal to hand down for generations. I'm hoping to make a scrapbook for ea. of our kids families this coming yr. for Christmas,adding a receipe page makes it much more special. Wish me luck, I am new to scrapping & have 6 to make.

    ReplyDelete